Distinguished Young Scholars Foundation, NSFC, 2020
ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering Leadership Awards, ACS, 2020
NSFC-RS Newton Advanced Fellowship, 2020
Cheung Kong Youth Scholar Program, Ministry of Education of P.R.China, 2016
Excellent Young Scholars Foundation, NSFC, 2014
Distinguished Youth of Dalian, 2014
Outstanding Experts of Dalian, 2013
The First Prize for the Natural Science Scholastic Attainment of Liaoning Province, 2013
Technology Innovation Award, DICP, 2012
Lin Liwu Excellent Youth Award, 2012
Chinese Catalytic Xinxiu Award, Chinese chemistry society, 2012
Young Scientist Award, 15th International Congress on Catalysis, Munich, 2012
2005 Ph.D., Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, CAS
1999 B.S., Zhengzhou University
2018 - present, Director, Division of Biomass Conversion & Bio-Energy, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, CAS
2014 - 2018, vice Director, Division of Biomass Conversion & Bio-Energy, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, CAS
2011 - Present, Professor, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, CAS
2009 - 2011, Associate Professor, Team leader of Bioenergy Chemical Group, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, CAS
2006 - 2009, Postdoc, Hokkaido University-Catalysis Research Center, Japan
2005 - 2006, Postdoc, University of California-Berkeley, USA
2005.3-7, Assistant Professor, Organic Catalysis Group, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, CAS
1. Synthesis and characterization of structurally well-defined nanomaterials, such as oxides, zeolites, and metal nanoparticles
2. Development of green and environmentally benign processes
3. Transformation of biomass (such as lignin, cellulose, glycerol and other molecules) into BTX, phenolic compounds, and polymer building blocks
4. Photo-catalysts for solar fuel production, CO2 valorization and biomass conversion
5. Theoretical calculations and life cycle assessment
More than 110 journal papers; more than 70 authorized patents. Selected publications as below.
1. N. Luo, T. Montini, J. Zhang, P. Fornasiero, E. Fonda, T. Hou, W. Nie, J. Lu, J. Liu, M. Heggen, L. Lin, C. Ma, M. Wang, F. Fan, S. Jin, F. Wang*. Visible-light-driven coproduction of diesel precursors and hydrogen from lignocellulose-derived methylfurans. Nat. Energy, 2019, 4(7), 575-584.
2. Z. Huang#, Z. Zhao#, C. Zhang, J. Lu, H. Liu, N. Luo, J. Zhang, F. Wang*. Enhanced photocatalytic alkane production from fatty acid decarboxylation via inhibition of radical oligomerization. Nat. Catal., 2020, 3(2), 170-178.
3. C. Zhang, F. Wang*. Catalytic lignin depolymerization to aromatic chemicals. Acc. Chem. Res. 2020, 53(2), 470-484.
4. M. Wang, M. Liu, J. Lu, F. Wang, M. Wang, M. Liu, Photo splitting of bio-polyols and sugars to methanol and syngas. Nat. Commun., 2020, 11(1), 1083-1091.
5. Y. Wang, M. Peng, J. Zhang, Z. Zhang, J. An, S. Du, H. An, F. Fan, X. Liu, P. Zhai, D. Ma*, F. Wang*. Selective production of phase-separable product from a mixture of biomass-derived aqueous oxygenates. Nat. Commun., 2018, 9(1), 5183.
6. C. Zhang, Z. Huang, J. Lu, N. Luo, F. Wang*. Generation and confinement of long-lived N-oxyl radical and its photocatalysis. J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2018, 140(6), 2032-2035.
7. J. An#, Y. Wang#, J. Lu, J. Zhang, Z. Zhang, S. Xu, X. Liu, T. Zhang, M. Gocyla, M. Heggen, R. E. Dunin-Borkowski, P. Fornasiero, F. Wang*. Acid-promoter-free ethylene methoxycarbonylation over Ru-clusters/Ceria: the catalysis of interfacial lewis acid-base pair. J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2018, 140(11), 4172-4181.
8. J. An, Y. Wang, Z. Zhang, Z. Zhao, J. Zhang, F. Wang*. The synthesis of quinazolinones from olefins, CO and amines over heterogeneous Ru-clusters/ceria catalyst. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2018, 57(38), 12308-12312.
9. Y. Hu#, Z. Zhao#, Y. Liu, G. Li, A. Wang, Y. Cong, T. Zhang, F. Wang*, N. Li*. Synthesis of 1,4-cyclohexanedimethanol, 1,4-cyclohexanedicarboxylic acid and 1,2-cyclohexanedicarboxylates from formaldehyde, crotonaldehyde and acrylate. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2018, 57(23), 6901-6905.
10. M. Wang, J. Lu, J. Ma, Z. Zhang, F. Wang*. Cuprous oxide catalyzed oxidative C-C bond cleavage for C-N bond formation: synthesis of cyclic imides from ketones and amines. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2015, 54(47), 14061-14065.
11. Y. Wang, F. Wang*, Q. Song, Q. Xin, S. Xu, J. Xu*, Heterogeneous Ceria Catalyst with Water-Tolerant Lewis Acidic Sites for One-Pot Synthesis of 1,3-Diols via Prins Condensation and Hydrolysis Reactions. J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2013, 135(7), 1506-1515.
12. Q. Song, F. Wang*, J. Cai, Y. Wang, J. Zhang, W. Yu, J. Xu*, Lignin depolymerization (LDP) in alcohol over nickel-based catalysts via a fragmentation-hydrogenolysis process. Energy Environ. Sci., 2013, 6(3), 994-1007.
13. F. Wang*, W. Ueda, J. Xu*, Detection and measurement of surface electron transfer on reduced molybdenum oxides (MoOx) and catalytic activities of Au/MoOx. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2012, 51(16), 3883-3887