Ø 2013－2018, Ph.D., Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, CAS.
Ø 2009－2013, B.S. Hefei University of Technology.
Ø 2022－present, Professor, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, CAS.
Ø 2019－2022, Postdoctoral Fellowship, The University of Chicago.
Ø “Hundred Talents Program” of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2022
Ø Zhang Dayu Youth Scholarship, 2022
Ø Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) Presidential Scholarship, 2018
Ø Outstanding graduates of Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2018
Ø The first prize of YanChang Petroleum, 2018
C-C bond activation; Radical chemistry; Photochemistry; Biomass transformation; Asymmetric catalysis
1. Xukai Zhou, Yan Xu, and Guangbin Dong*. Deacylation-Aided C–H Alkylative Annulation through C–C Cleavage of Unstrained Ketones. Nat. Catal. 2021, 4, 703–710.
2. Xukai Zhou, Tingting Yu, and Guangbin Dong*. Site-Specific and Degree-Controlled Alkyl Deuteration via Cu-Catalyzed Redox-Neutral Deacylation. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2022, 144, 9570−9575.
3. Xukai Zhou, Yan Xu, and Guangbin Dong*. Olefination via Cu-mediated Dehydroacylation of Unstrained Ketones. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2021, 143, 20042−20048.
4. Xukai Zhou, Daniel Pyle, Zining Zhang, and Guangbin Dong*. Deacylative Thiolation by Redox-Neutral Aromatization-Driven C−C Fragmentation of Ketones. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2023, e202213691.
5. Xukai Zhou, Jintao Xia, Guangfan Zheng, Lingheng Kong, and Xingwei Li*. Divergent Couplings of Anilines and Enones via Integration of C-H Activation and Transfer Hydrogenation. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2018, 57, 6681-6685.
6. Xukai Zhou, Yupeng Pan, and Xingwei Li*. Catalyst-Controlled Regiodivergent Alkyne Insertion in the Context of C-H Activation and Diels-Alder Reactions: Synthesis of Fused and Bridged Cycles. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2017, 56, 8163-8167.
7. Xukai Zhou, Yixin Luo, Lingheng Kong, Youwei Xu, Guangfan Zheng, Yu Lan,* and Xingwei Li* Cp*Co(III)-Catalyzed Branch-Selective Hydroarylation of Alkynes via C-H Activation: Efficient Access to α-gem-Vinylindoles. ACS Catal. 2017, 7, 7296−7304.
8. Xukai Zhou, Songjie Yu, Lingheng Kong, and Xingwei Li* Rhodium(III)-Catalyzed Coupling of Arenes with Cyclopropanols via C−H Activation and Ring Opening. ACS Catal. 2016, 6, 647−651.
9. Xiao-Yang Chen, Xukai Zhou (co-first author), Jianchun Wang, and Guangbin Dong*. FMPhos: Expanding the Catalytic Capacity of Small-Bite-Angle Bisphosphine Ligands in Regioselective Alkene Hydrofunctionalizations. ACS Catal. 2020, 10, 14349-14358.
10. Xukai Zhou, Songjie Yu, Zisong Qi, Xingwei Li* Rhodium(III)-catalyzed [3+2] annulative coupling between oximes and electron-deficient alkynes. Sci China Chem, 2015, 58, 1297-1301. (hot paper)
11. Xukai Zhou, Jiaqiong Sun, Xingwei Li* Chemo-selective couplings of anilines and acroleins/enones under substrate control and condition control. Chin. J. Catal. 2018, 39, 1782-1791.
12. Xukai Zhou, Zisong Qi, Songjie Yu, Lingheng Kong, Yang Li, Wan-Fa Tian, and Xingwei Li*. Synthesis of 2-Substituted Quinolines via Rhodium(III)-Catalyzed C–H Activation of Imidamides and Coupling with Cyclopropanols. Adv. Synth. Catal. 2017, 359, 1620–1625 (selected as front cover picture)
13. Xukai Zhou, Songjie Yu, Zisong Qi, Lingheng Kong, and Xingwei Li* Rhodium(III)-Catalyzed Mild Alkylation of (Hetero)Arenes with Cyclopropanols via C−H Activation and Ring Opening. J. Org. Chem. 2016, 81, 4869−4875.